The Tech behind Squirrel Hosting
So if you've been browsing our pages, you know what we have to offer but if you really want to know the tech behind the service then this is the section for you.
First of all, our Dell servers are pretty awesome pieces of kit. For example, you don't have to worry if one of our servers fails because another one will be right there to back it up. Our servers will automatically take over the workload of the failing server. Although we like to think that this feature won't be needed very often, we like to be prepared (you wouldn't go into a creepy, cold forest alone without provisions). Not that our data centre is creepy or forest like but it is exceptionally cold. Anyway, enough about predictable horror movies – we would like to re-iterate that if a mail server fails and needs to be backed up by another server, you will NOT lose your email. Do not fear – our tech is here to save the day.
We also have:
- Strong Data Backup courtesy of RAID. Our backup is as safe and secure as it gets. If a server fails, there will be no impact on your data.
- Cisco Gigabit Network – switches and routers are all by Cisco and the network runs at a speed of 10000 Mb per second.
- Redhat Linux Platform – Redhat is considered the most stable operating system running today (we use it for our site!). Not to bang our own drum or anything BUT we utilise the most stable version of Redhat (Redhat Enterprise Linux) which means that we stay completely up to date with all security patches.
- Windows Server 2008 – Our Windows shared hosting platform is powered by Microsoft Windows Server 2008. It is the most advanced Windows server operating system to date and is a pretty powerful piece of kit. It is highly secure and is technologically - the Bees Knees.
- Backup technology for our internet connection that ensures that we are pretty much very unlikely to lose connectivity.