How to add voucher codes in Prestashop 1.5
This blog post will guide you on how to add voucher codes for Prestashop version 1.5.
With this guide you can add a voucher for £'s off or percentage off. You can also use this guide to add a voucher for free shipping or a free gift.
Step 1 Log in to your Prestashop Admin
Log into your admin and navigate to the 'cart rules' section under 'price rules'. Click on 'cart rules'.
Step 2 Add New
After you have clicked into 'cart rules', you will need to add a new voucher. Click 'add new' to do this.
Step 3 Fill in form
A page will load with a form to fill in. You need to fill the form in as follows:
- Name: whatever you would like to call the voucher e.g Member discount, twitter discount.
- Description: this will remind you which voucher this is when someone uses it.
- Code: you can enter your own or click 'click to generate random code'.
- Highlight: tick yes or no depending on your answer to this statement - if the voucher is not yet in the cart, it will be displayed in the cart summary.
- Partial use: tick yes or no. If you allow partial use and the voucher is greater than the cost of products in the basket, then a new voucher will be created for the remainder. For example, if the voucher is worth £10 and the customer orders £7 worth of stock, a new voucher will be created to the value of £3. They can use this on their next purchase. Otherwise the voucher amount will be lowered to match the cart total and they won't be able to use the rest of their voucher.
- Priority: set this at 1, 2 or 3 etc. This signifies whether this voucher will be prioritised over another if the customer can't use two discounts at once.
- Status: tick yes to set the voucher as live.
Step 4 Go to conditions tab
After you have filled this in, click 'save and stay' in the top right corner. Next, navigate to the 'conditions' tab on the left and click on it.
Another form will appear with the following fields:
- Limit to a single customer: if your discount code is for one individual only, you can fill in their name. As you start typing, names in your customer database will start popping up. Just click on the specific name and the field will be automatically filled in. Leave this field blank if you want the discount code to be used by all customers.
- Valid from / to: you can set specific dates for the voucher code. It can not be used / won't be valid outside of these times.
- Minimum amount: you can set a minimum amount that the customer has to purchase to be able to use the discount code. This amount can include or exclude shipping and taxes. You can customise this with the dropdown boxes.
- Total available: This is how many people can use this code. You may have a limited offer where the first 50 people who input the code can use it. For this example, you would input 50.
- Total available for each user: you may allow a customer to use the voucher code only once or multiple times. You can choose the number and input it in this field.
- Carrier selection tick box: you can tick this to customise which carriers this voucher is valid with. If you are allowing people to use any carrier with the voucher, then you don't need to tick this box.
- Customer groups selection box: tick this box if you want certain customer groups to be able to use the voucher but not others. Don't tick this box if it doesn't apply.
- Product selection tick box: you can tick this box if you want to add rules regarding product selection / product numbers. Leave this unticked if not.
After you have filled in the form, click 'save and stay' in the top right corner.
Step 5 Go to Actions tab
Navigate down the left hand side column, locate the 'actions' tab and click on it.
The actions page has a small selection of tick box circles. They are as below:
- Free shipping: select the green tick button if you want free shipping to apply with the discount. This would work if your voucher code was for free shipping and not money / percentage off.
- Apply a discount: choose whether you want the discount to be an amount or a percentage. If you have chosen free shipping or free gift instead, you may not want to apply a discount and should select none. If you choose amount or percent, you will need to input an amount (excluding or including tax). You can also choose to apply the discount to the order only (no shipping) and can choose a specific item that the discount applies to.
- Send a free gift: if the discount is for a free gift instead of a discount, you can tick the box that applies and a field will appear prompting you to choose the product.
Click save and stay and your voucher will have been saved. You can access it by going to 'price rules' > 'cart rules' at any time and edit or create a new one.
We hope this guide has helped. Please let us know any feedback or ask any questions in the comments below.
Leave a comment
Has this guide helped you? Have an idea for a guide or need help? Let us know below.